Friday, September 28, 2012

I don't think...

...this blog will ever be popular. 

The ramblings of a nineteen year old, first time, soon to be college student mother cannot be as interesting as those DIY, hippy, all green organic, we are the breast-feeders of the world blogs.  I'm the one sitting on the other side of the screen, watching these moms create educational toys from twine and a rock, with a look of awe and true admiration and absolute jealousy.  I wish I was that creative.

I'm not a 'go green', 'boob in the mouth', 'let's wear our babies', and 'forget you, my kid needs a boob in her/his mouth, you don't like it you can go into the bathroom' mother.  

But I wish I was.

I'm a mom walking on stilts, getting the hang of having a kid and doing my best to not ruin it the whole way down the rabbit hole. I'm sarcastic, and loud, and I have the creativity of an hyped up squirrel.  My attempts at DIY are truly laughable, and if you're feeling like a nice chuckle at my frustration and failure, by all means have a laugh (because I know I will be). 

My little goober's name is Madelyn--but my husband (Hubs) and I call her 'Mad'.  She is absolutely positively the most amazing little girl on the face of this planet, and I wouldn't trade anything to change a single thing about my life. One different decision could have changed the fact that I had her--and I cannot imagine my life without my Mad.  Nineteen years old with a ten month old, married, soon-to-be in college and on my own.

Doesn't that just seem like a recipe for disaster?


Yeah, I think so.


No comments:

Post a Comment